Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween Poem Inserted Into Hamlet Act 5, Scene 1

(I found this Calderon scene slightly more fun than Hamlet and Horatio unearthing Yorick's skull in the graveyard. Have always wished the old jester had a line in Shakespeare's play, but ventriloquism with a skull would be a bit morbid) 

This shell of holes and hinges
Doth in disinterment turn
Bold and impart timeless
Secrets to thee --lives in discussion,
Not aristocracy, want thought
And not decree-- in guilds and
Trades, list, oh list: the human
Mind seeks rationality, the sublime,
To combine and and set it free.



8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This one truly is perfect! It even speaks to me. I really love this one, Geo (love Shakespeare too). Thanks so much for sharing this!

    I, too, saw your post on the Blogger forum. I sincerely hope they get this fixed very soon indeed!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the poem. Not sure what's happened to GFC but it's gone on 3 days here and longer elsewhere. Happily, I can still visit blogs from my sidebar and reader.

      Delete
  2. Shell of holes and hinges :-) I do wish I'd written that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most kind. By reading your posts, I learn from the best.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Welcome! Thank you for reading my poem. Your site is now on my blogroll here.

      Delete